PATIENT ADVISORY AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Receiving Medical Treatment During the COVID-19 Pandemic
When you come to our office for routine medical evaluation and/or treatment during the COVID-19 pandemic, please be advised of the following:
- While our office complies with State Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention infection control guidelines to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we cannot make any guarantees.
- Our staff are symptom-free and, to the best of their knowledge, have not been exposed to the virus. However, since we are a place of public accommodation, other persons (including other patients) could be infected, with or without their knowledge.
- In order to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-10, we will ask you a number of "screening" questions when you arrive for your appointment. For the safety of you, our staff and other patients, if you answer "YES" to any screening questions, your visit will be rescheduled.
- Your temperature will be taken with a contact-less thermometer upon arrival. If you have a fever, your appointment will be rescheduled.
- All patients will be required to wear a mask for the entire duration of the appointment. Cloth homemade masks are acceptable.
- Only the patient will be permitted in the waiting room and the exam room during the appointment. Any family and/or friends will be requested to wait in the car. Exceptions will be made for patients with special needs (i.e. underlying cognitive impairment or physical limitations).